Do you worry about the explosion of fear and violence around the world today? It might seem like there’s no way out – the human race will implode, destroying everything else along with it. In this scenario, attempts to foster love, compassion, tolerance and other spiritual values seem futile.
The humanitarian leader and spiritual teacher Sri Prem Baba sees the world differently. He says we’re in the midst of a planet-wide transition from fear to trust, from isolation to union, from hatred to love. If you were able to look through the eyes of spirit, you would see an increase in light in our world.
Prem Baba uses the metaphor of being asleep in a dark room to help us understand the outbreaks of needless violence that shock us again and again.
He says, if you’re ready to wake up and someone opens the window shade, you’ll enjoy light streaming in. The light, however, will also reveal all the dirt, grime, and venomous creatures in the room. When you look around and see the state of the room, you might begin to feel anxious or depressed. You see the room needs to be cleaned. It might seem like an overwhelming task, especially if you need to help others clean up their mess as well. Which is the case when our loving heart blossoms.
This increase in perception is part of the process of spiritual accession.
On the other hand, some people are so deeply asleep they feel angry when you open the shades and light pours in. They don’t want to wake up. They don’t see or care how dirty the room is. Although there’s more light on the planet, there’s also an exacerbation of ignorance at the same time, so some people are determined to keep their head under the covers. This leads to more violence, selfishness, and thoughtless ambition on the short-run.
In reality, some people will need to suffer more before they’re ready to wake up. There is a way out for humanity, says Prem Baba. But for some it may still be very far away. They’ll only wake up when they understand they’re suffering and no longer want to suffer.
This exacerbation of ignorance is also a part of the process of spiritual accession.
We are witnessing and carrying out the greatest revolution of consciousness that this planet has ever known. But it’s a fact that this change in frequency is making everything shake. And I feel that things will shake even more. Stay steadfast in love. Remember that even this shaking is the work of love so everything will eventually come back to love itself. – Sri Prem Baba
How Can You Empower Yourself in a Turbulent World?
What can you do?
You will need considerable discipline and determination to complete the transition on a personal level. Prem Baba recommends these steps as a start:
- Align your yourself with the frequency of light.
- Let go of victimhood and the blame game.
- Assume self-responsibility for your own life, your own choices.
- Through self-knowledge seek to understand and heal negative emotions and emotional wounds.
- Repair relationships with anyone who has caused you pain and anyone whom you’ve caused pain.
- Develop the qualities of truth, kindness, and self-responsibility.
- Stay steadfast in love, which includes equality, generosity, forgiveness, compassion, humility, and more.
- Honor your purpose in the world. Everyone has a unique purpose, which is how you share love with others.
- Detach from what causes you stress and suffering.
- Make a clear intention for where you want to go, and realign to it regularly.
- Identify with your higher self through the practice of inner silence.
- Dedicate a few hours each week in selfless service, which is the connection point between the foundational psychological work and the spiritual work to come.
- Listen to your heart, it will show the way.
You can only ascend spiritually if you’re able to de-identify with the pains, dramas, and stories of the past. Hurts, resentments and repressed emotions drag you down. They will draw you into compulsive thinking and strategizing. Indications of past influences include:
- Repetition of the same emotional patterns.
- Inability to follow your conscious will.
- Lying to yourself and others.
- Victimhood and the blame game.
- Closing the heart.
But you need to heal these wounds, not by-pass them. The psychospiritual work outlined above is foundational. You cannot build consciousness without it. Once you complete this work, you will be at the starting point of ascension. There you move into greater service, faith, and surrender as Prem Baba describes in the second video below.
I hope this synopsis of Prem Baba’s September and October 2017 Global Talks, encourages and empowers you. While the world may look grim at times, more and more light comes into the world all the time. Whenever you feel discouraged, remember to stay to the light.
If you have time, please listen to Prem Baba’s talks yourself. My words do not do justice to the depth of his message and only represent a portion of what he expressed.
How do you manage your fears about the state of the world and the outbreaks of violence? I would love to hear in the comments.
Prem Baba speaks in Brazilian with English subtitles. September talk: 22:01 October talk: 11:55