Do you play every day? If not, consider the powerful boost play could give your emotional, mental, and physical well-being. Most notably, play can:
- Relieve stress when endorphins, the body’s natural feel-good chemicals, are released. As an added bonus, endorphins can reduce pain too.
- Enhance brain function when you engage in cognitively challenging games like puzzles, word games, memory games, or math games.
- Boost your creativity and stimulate your imagination.
- Reduce social isolation, mitigate depression, and increase connection, trust, and intimacy.
- Improve your social skills if they happen to be rusty.
- Inject more vitality into your relationsip, deepen your feelings of intimacy, and help you to heal resentments and wounds.
- And finally, playful communication can lighten up a heavy situation, break through anger and help you move through an impasse
Seems like play is just what we need, doesn’t it?