When you take responsibility for everyone and everything, wittingly or unwittingly, you throw yourself into a cycle of anxiety, stress, and sometimes depression as well.
- You feel it’s your fault when other people feel bad.
- You feel you’re responsible for your parents’ marital conflicts.
- You feel to blame if your child goes off in a bad way.
- You feel ashamed or fearful when you make a mistake.
- You feel mortified when something goes wrong at work, even when it’s a team effort.
- You feel like you’re going to have a nervous breakdown when you hear about turbulent world events.
I know this one well as I tend to instinctively take responsibility for everyone and everything that occurs around me. Does this belief govern your life and well-being as well?
This is just another fabrication of the mind that has no basis in reality.