Recently, I had the wonderful opportunity of spending 6 days with a sweet group of Brazilians. I don’t want to stereotype Brazilians, but I can say with certainty these particular people were joyful, relaxed, grateful, friendly, and vivacious.
I found it so good to get out of my own skin, my own limited vision of the world, and step into another. The way we see the world isn’t necessarily the way the world is, right? But it’s so easy to forget that and be imprisoned by our routine and limited perception.
Try immersing yourself in another culture for a time if you want to shake up stale perspectives that might be holding you back.
Here are my favorite articles from around the web, just the best ones, that offer practical or profound wisdom to inspire you to shine. Enjoy!
- This is amazing > How Listening to Music Benefits Your Brain.
- Breaking through stereotypes > On Being Quiet and Asian.
- Deeply moving > On Embracing It All.
- An important read > How Does Screen Time Effect Us? A Shocking Discovery.
- It’s a relief to know that we can’t do it all, isn’t it? The Four Burners Theory, The Downside of Work-Life Balance
- Feeling crazed? Try this > 10 Essential Edits to Get Your Life Back.
- Expand your vocabulary > 128 Words To Use Instead of “Very.”
- An eye-opening look at the ecological impacts of the Burning Man Festival > Evolving from Burning Man to Permanent Villages.
- What would happen if you gave yourself 5 months of space? This Is What I Know.
- For my blogging friends > 37 Blogging Tips + Business Tricks I’ve Learned in 37 Years and From Book to Blog: The Simple Strategy Smart Authors Are Using in 2016.
- If you haven’t seen this movie, I recommend: The Rabbit-Proof Fence (2002).
I’m playing around with the look of the images on my blog so they work well on Pinterest. [Click the link to follow my boards.] You’ll probably see various incarnations over the coming weeks. Thanks for your understanding, patience, and support. And if you have any feedback, let me know!
Which links from the above list spoke to you? I would love to hear.
Thank you for being here. If you enjoyed this article, please share it with others, every share makes a big difference. Thank you! May you be well, happy, and safe – always. With love, Sandra