Every few months, I share a list of my favorite articles from around the web, just the best ones that contain practical or profound wisdom to help you shine your star in the most beautiful way. Here are my selections this time.
- These statistics will blow your mind. But, most importantly, the tips will show you How to Save Money.
- These communication gems are equally important in healthy and happy adult relationships > How to Discipline Your Children Without Hardening Their Heart
- You can help transform racism by how you parent. To the White Parents of My Black Son’s Friends
- On my mind too > Why the Self-Help Industry Won’t Change the World
- Love this > Priorities: The Art of Letting Go of What Doesn’t Matter
- Profound inspiration > 7 Positive Life Lessons from Rumi
- Good to know these signs > Guess Which Woman in This Photo Is Having a Heart Attack?
- Put yourself in someone else’s skin > Aziz Anzari: Why Trump Makes Me Scared for My Family.
- The liberating feeling of getting to zero > Busyness Is A Kind of Debt
- “For starters, an archetype for a powerful woman doesn’t exist in our culture.” American culture, that is. What Should a Powerful Woman Look Like?
- Embrace your body as it is! The body image movement.
The Border of Paradise
The Border of Paradise is shaped by darkness and the kind of delicious story that makes for missed train stops and bedtimes, keeping a reader up late for just one more page of dynamic character-bouncing perspective (an idea which came to Wang in dreams). It is the author’s stunning introduction to the literary world. —Alli Maloney, The New York Times
Esmé Weijun Wang’s exquisite, multi-generational novel, The Border of Paradise*, so captivated me, I read it in a few sessions, lying on my side in bed late into the night. As quirky as they are, I bonded so strongly with these ultra-human characters, I didn’t want to let them go when the story closed. Wang has crafted a complex yet flowing tale told from multiple perspectives in elegant yet superbly natural prose. [*affiliate link]
The Border of Paradise provides a poignant view into the way that suffering can become so much the norm that everything else seems abnormal. Wang draws you into an emotionally rich world, where you find ecstatic moments of light also filter through the darkness.
Moments of Inspiration
I created this quiet interlude of inspirational quotes, beautiful images, and meditative music for my Always Well Within Facebook Page. I hope you enjoy it too!
Did one of these links especially speak to you? I would love to hear.
Thank you so much for your presence. If you enjoyed this article, please share it with your friends. It makes a big difference! May you be happy, well, and safe – always. With love, Sandra