Welcome to my monthly (or so) collection of exceptional posts from around the web, a good book or two, and practical resources to help you live the best possible life. Enjoy!
Exceptional Articles & Books
- The little guide we all need, whatever our challenges might be: Transforming Difficulty Into Joy.
- Do you need a regular infusion of heart-deep intelligence? Try the Navigate Your Life interview series starting with Sarah Selecky.
- On Tiny Homes and the Question of Forever – Just imagine if you saw your life as an experiment and nothing was forever.
- How can we help? Gaza, Grief, and Help Bringing Relief.
- It’s My 44th Birthday and I’m Coming Out of the Closet. Could you benefit from coming out of the closet in some way too?
- Is this the answer to The Giant Siberian Crater Mystery?
- There’s at least a million (billion?) blogs out there. Here’s 35 Things You Can Do Instead of Starting a Blog.
- If Life Were Simple, what would you do?
- I adore mini-biographies like this one: The Archaeological Exploits of Agatha Christie
- Important to know: Your Brain’s Future: The Good News and the Bad News
- Feeling Depressed? 10 Misconceptions You Need to Know
- It’s not an article, but it’s cool: free (if you subscribe) Compatibility Guide from the AstroTwins.
- When everything seems to be falling apart, you can find beauty and practice gratitude every day. This is how Tammy Strobel did just that: My Morning View An i-Phone Photography Project on Grief, Gratitude, and Good Coffee. (affiliate link)
- I’m reading: Getting Past Your Past, Take Control of Your Life with Self-Help Techniques from EMDR Therapy by Francine Shapiro, PhD (affiliate link)
Positive Affirmations for Life from Farnoosh Brock
My friend Farnoosh Brock just released a lovely audio affirmation program based on a system she used to heal herself of negative thoughts and to create success and abundance in her life.
The Positive Affirmations for Life program offers more than 4 hours of guided audio affirmation tracks for 7 life situations that impact your happiness and success the most. Using a program like this one is a great way to retrain your thinking to work for you, not against you. And it only takes 12 minutes of listening a day.
Farnoosh has an elegant touch and whatever she creates is made to a very high standard. These are not stock affirmations, but ones carefully crafted by Farnoosh herself. The background music is so relaxing and uplifting that you’ll feel held in positivity and kindness.
This is not an affiliate link, but a program I’m sharing because it might be just what you need to get unstuck. Learn more about Positive Affirmations for Life.
Did one of these links pique your interest? I would love to hear.
Coming Soon: Mini-Mindfulness Challenge
Did you know that the regular practice of mindfulness can relieve stress, uplift your mood, and improve your health? And, that’s what we all want, isn’t it?
During the Mini-Mindfulness Challenge, I’ll offer one prompt each week for 8 weeks to help you grow your mindfulness in daily life. Just one prompt a week will keep it simple, relaxed, and fun, but still effective.
You’ll be invited to share your experiences in the comments each week. This will be a great way to support and learn from each other.
Please join us on September 3rd. And spread the word!
Thank you for your presence. If you have a moment, please help me reach others by sharing this post. If you’re new, please subscribe for free updates by email. With love, Sandra