Outstanding Articles & Books
- The No Negativity Challenge – Lessons Learned
- Reflections on Distraction and Focus
- The Wisdom of Waiting
- Don’t Feel the Fear, Feel What It’s Doing to You
- How to Double the Birthdays You Have Left
- The Tiny Insight That Changes Everything
- I Trust You Love Me
- Tales from Cambodia: Ruins, Bomb Craters, and the Question of Mines
- Simplicity Begins in Us
- Zero Clutter
- Why I Quit Being So Accommodating
- How to Savor Life
- There’s More to Simplicity Than Being Simple
- 10 Positive Emotions
- Accomplishing Big Dreams Starts with Very Small Promises and Actions
I’ve been reading Joyful Wisdom, Embracing Change and Finding Freedom by Yongey Mingyur Rinpoche
30 Days to Bold
If you would like to gain more confidence and clarity in your life, consider 30 Days to Bold, an interactive online course with life coach Tess Marshall beginning February 18th. Learn more about Tess and her course in my article Gently Lean Into Fear.
Letting Go: Share Your Story
Has there been a time when you became too attached to someone or something, but later found the strength to let go? If so, my friend Alex Blackwell of The BridgeMaker is inviting you to share your story and receive a free autographed book. You can find more details and submission guidelines here: Letting Go: True Stories of Hope.
The Heart of January: Spun
Writing a brief monthly review helps me to celebrate my accomplishments and stay focused on what really counts. Sharing my review may inspire you to be more intentional too.
The configuration of this month made me feel like I was spinning in several different directions, sometimes at the immediate beck and call of others. I had to set my writing goals aside as other priorities loomed large, primarily home improvements. But it’s all part of the bigger plan to simplify my life.
- How old stories can spin you around in unconscious ways, especially when you feel ungrounded already.
- How to get back on track by asking for help from a trusted adviser.
- How to drop the unimportant – like looking at the numbers.
- To reconnect with the purity of my intention as a writer.
I accomplished a great deal this month. I wasn’t able to accomplish everything, which gave me the impetus to explore how to eliminate the unimportant.
Flavor of the Month: Spun.
Free Sample Edit: I help authors, entrepreneurs, & bloggers infuse their words with clarity, elegance, and power. I now offer a free sample edit. If you need an editor, give me a try.
How was your January? What did you learn this past month?
I’m so glad you are here! If you liked this article, please consider subscribing for free updates by email. With love, Sandra