Captivating me

Every week my breath is taken away by the vast reservoir of inspiration, positivity, goodwill, talent, and knowledge that I encounter during my travels on the worldwide web.

Please enjoy a taste of my favorite posts and new blog discoveries from the past week.  Let me know which ones also captivated you.

My Favorites

• Suzuki Roshi is a blog of all of the transcripts and audio recordings of talks given by the remarkable Zen master, Shunryu Suzuki Roshi, brought to us by the San Francisco Zen Center.  This is a unique opportunity to immerse yourself in the words and wisdom of one of the most loved and decidedly greatest Buddhist masters of the twentieth century.
  • Overcoming chronic illness and stress – TimeThief explores the transforming effects of gratitude and mindfulness. She also shares 20 ways for taking care of oneself.  Catch a glimpse of her blog redesign, too. It’s gorgeous!
  • Bad art in the boonies – This is a hoot from the irrepressible Invisible Mikey; don’t miss these captivating photos or the chance to meet Mrs. Invisible.
  • At Kikolani , Kristi shares an infinity of knowledge on the art of blogging, exuding a generosity of spirit the whole time.  If you are an introvert like me, you can also learn a thing or two about breaking the social media ice.  Or how to do it better, if you are already a hot tweeter.
  • Marketing the “You Know What” out of your blog provides perspective on the first year of blogging when both traffic and comments prove elusive.  Don’t get down, get marketing.  Here’s how to do it.
  • Gratitude Connection – Claire asks, “What are you grateful for today?” Drop by and share. Be part of creating a critical mass of gratitude.

On the topic of me

You might also be interested in my all-time most popular post on Reducing Your Oil Use.   BTW, we’re talking petroleum, not saturated fat.

Connect with me on Twitter! I am mastering the slow poke approach to Twitter.  Would love to see you there.  See that little bird in the sidebar?  Do not pass go, you don’t have to go to jail, just click and be transported directly to my Twitter page.

Have a great weekend.  May you be well, happy, and safe.

If you liked this post, please share the link:

Comments

I just stumbled across Kikolani on my own earlier today, and I can put a heart exclamation point on everything you wrote about Kristi. What a great blog she has going over there.

Hope you have a wonderful weekend!

Hi Jean, Thanks for adding that hearty exclamation point! I’ve been enjoy the humor and creativity in your recent blog posts so much. I saw that Kristi retweeted your last blog post. Terrific! Thanks for you comment. Stay well!

Hello Sandra Lee,
    There’s been a gap in our communication due to the one week long of back-to-back medical appointments I had, followed by the week of working with Richard on customizing my new theme. I’m so grateful for both his friendship and yours too.

Thank you for including my post above. It was my hope that if I became more self revealing I wouldn’t be dumped by readers. Well their response humbled me and caused me to look deep within to and deal with my insecurity about sharing the challenges I face.

We all face challenges of course, whether or not we are disabled. However, rising above chronic pain is not an easy challenge to overcome as you well know. I have uncovered a deep seated fear/pride about sharing too much because I didn’t trust myself to be able to share without coming across as a whiner, and I don’t admire whiners. Well the want to whine feeling does arise withing me and when it arises I can certainly trust myself not to blog on that particular day, no?

Right now I’m laughing. It seems that I am strongly attached to appearing to be strong and even invincible. ;)

TimeThief, I love it when you drop by. I had a feeling you might be having a full week.

I too was amazed by the responses your readers gave to your post on Overcoming Chronic Stress and Illness. It really touched a chord for people and allowed them to be self-revealing as well. Illness is such a powerful force bringing us face-to-face with ourselves so we can see and gradually transform these deep-seated feelings we all have, in one form or the other. Being a whiner isn’t so much of an issue for me, I engage in it quite well! There are others percolating to the surface though…

We had our first ‘house warming’ brunch in our new home/location today. One of my problems is not respecting my capacity and limits, and the day before I pushed too hard cleaning. Woke up sore everywhere from the waist down, but fortunately it didn’t last too long. I’m finding there are always lessons to learn.

It sometimes seems that being vulnerable is a big part of being strong and invincible, but just in a different way than we expect.

So glad we are traveling this part of our journey together.

re: Claire’s Gratitude Connection

Every year I start a gratitude journal and every year at about mid-March, I get lazy and stop recording my daily list of what I’m grateful for. I think it, I sometimes say it aloud, I meditate on it, but I don’t always write my list – and I know how powerful writing is.
    So thanks for sharing Claire’s site to remind me to write down what I’m grateful for – every day.

Pat, You are so right, it’s easy to forget and get out of the habit. Posting my list of gratitude at Claire’s site adds some extra motivation. Thanks for your comment.

I meant to thank you earlier for the plug, Sandra, but I had to wait to get to a WiFi spot. Dunno if I reconfiggered the blog for new email/linked to old Gravatar etc. but I think this is it. One step at a time.
    We had a real bed to sleep in last night! Next – a refrigerator.

My pleasure! So glad you are reconnected and thrilled that you finally have a real bed to sleep in. I’ll have to run over to your blog and see if you are finally in Casa Deluxe!